Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifelong Christian had to face the facts
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts
(October 8, 2010 at 1:48 pm)theophilus Wrote: All of us are tempted in different ways and being attracted to others of the same sex is just on manifestation of a condition that everyone experiences.

So being attracted to a person of the same sex is the same as a straight person being attracted to a straight person? And as long as they don't act on the temptation, they have not sinned? It's almost as if gay people were uniquely selected to have a specific and additional "condition" placed on them that makes them doubly susceptible to sin: first, they have to deal with sexual temptations like everyone, but secondly, the fruition of that temptation itself is sinful. Thus, believers talk a lot about "overcoming" homosexuality, as on this site, and that it's an "identity problem." As a part of the site says, "God did create me to be heterosexual, and through Jesus Christ my heterosexuality is restored." I suppose that's why this Idarwin and many others have so many painful experiences of trying to right what they have known about themselves since a young age and what they learn in church. How contemptible.

(October 8, 2010 at 1:48 pm)theophilus Wrote: Here is a good place to learn about homosexuality from a Biblical perspective:

http://www.exodusinternational.org/

"Learning" would be an overstatement. Reading about how believers attempt so many doctrinal acrobatic tricks to try to right what we know from science might be more accurate.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---

Messages In This Thread
Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by ldarwin - October 7, 2010 at 4:58 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by padraic - October 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by theVOID - October 7, 2010 at 6:02 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by fr0d0 - October 8, 2010 at 5:32 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by IceSage - October 8, 2010 at 8:02 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by ldarwin - October 8, 2010 at 9:42 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Nitsuj - October 8, 2010 at 10:43 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by everythingafter - October 8, 2010 at 4:28 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by solja247 - October 9, 2010 at 2:59 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by solja247 - October 10, 2010 at 6:29 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Ace Otana - October 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Ashendant - October 11, 2010 at 7:20 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Zen Badger - October 13, 2010 at 10:00 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by ldarwin - October 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by solja247 - October 15, 2010 at 6:30 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Zen Badger - October 15, 2010 at 8:50 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Frammo - October 23, 2010 at 2:21 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Spectrum - October 23, 2010 at 4:34 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by solja247 - October 24, 2010 at 7:22 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Zen Badger - October 24, 2010 at 8:25 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Spectrum - October 24, 2010 at 11:47 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by solja247 - October 28, 2010 at 5:52 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by Spectrum - October 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by LastPoet - October 28, 2010 at 8:27 am
RE: Lifelong Christian had to face the facts - by theophilus - October 30, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  av had enough WolfsChild 3 1696 May 12, 2019 at 7:50 am
Last Post: brewer