Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is long-term solitary confinement torture?
RE: Is long-term solitary confinement torture?
Alaska. I actually consider that the naive philosophy of zero-state morality could be applied to technocratic anarchy over the long term with a resultant of virtual utopia where the worst crimes would be an occasional bout of fisticuffs among young males at the community level just as a sorting of individual moral perspective.

But being a strategist does not mean being a dreamer; technocratic anarchy seems only feasible considering tribulation - I'd much prefer to be wrong about tribulation - in which case seeing this America evolve into the democracy of the American dreamer where prisons are still seen as necessary does not offend. Rather, thus deconstruct elements of my t-a to make whatever society I find myself in work better would be good use of the naive philosophy.

And that's what I got, from having been there. Criminals form their own society - let 'em. I remember one time there was gonna be scuffle between little ol' me and the shotcaller because this mick let wetbacks sit on his bunk. Ah... memory lane, where's my shank? Call me Che, K? Big Grin

That's progress - an active social dynamic - I can't help but see it as an experiment in cultural evolution (natural born mathematician, Johnny is Wink it's all science ) Rather than crime and punishment, I see it as civilization and exile; but there is no "crime" that makes one unhuman, and I think we'll all be better off, the more people realize that. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Is long-term solitary confinement torture? - by SophiaGrace - December 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm
RE: Is long-term solitary confinement torture? - by Rev. Rye - December 28, 2011 at 11:26 pm
RE: Is long-term solitary confinement torture? - by houseofcantor - December 28, 2011 at 6:13 pm
RE: Is long-term solitary confinement torture? - by Shell B - December 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with a term from psychology. Gawdzilla Sama 37 5203 December 12, 2017 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is there a term for this? Quick thinking in a crisis. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1931 September 27, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Our Long Lost Brothers.... Minimalist 12 4551 August 13, 2010 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist