Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bioware Characters?
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters?
Since I only ever played the Dragon Age and Mass Effect, I will be drawing my favorites from those two series.

6. Oghren {DA I} Simply because he was the much needed comic relief in my honest opinion. When things became too dark and serious, here comes drunk-off-his-ass-Oghren to put a smile on the Warden's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVm64zHhLg

That, and also the banter that usually occurs between him and bashful Alistair during random running around sequences. Dwarves can get bored too, I suppose.

5. Zevran {DA I and a little in DA II} I enjoyed the assassin, especially the romances since he was accessible for both genders (I think the only other like that was Leilanna...if I spelled that right). His story and accent intrigued me the most of the characters in the party. While yes, his personality in some spots could kinda plain and monotonous with sex around every corner, I still enjoyed the innuendos he had with the Warden as well as the other party members during their jaunts through Fereldan.

Aegrus Wrote:4. Mordin Solus (ME II)- He's an alien doctor who set up,at great risk to his own life, a free clinic to cure plague victims, offers to set you up with Tali, understands that sometimes the best way to help good people is by killing bad people, and he has some really thought-provoking insight into the genophage. He seems confident and calm on the outside, but you can tell that he's internally tormented by his past without Bioware ever making his internal struggle too obvious. Plus, without his research into the seeker swarms, your mission would have gotten nowhere fast.

I agree with you there, which is why he is also my number 4, along with his ability to sing, which is awesome as well. Although he is tormented about his past, he doesn't let it show much for it would interfere with his current work, which simply won't do for this fast talking Scientist, Salarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj0iJtgHOCI

3. Thane {ME II} Oh look, another assassin (seems to be a trend). Albeit a much darker view on everything, he seemed more at peace with what he was than Zevran, who played everything off as a joke, usually a sexual one. The ability to depict every memory perfectly no matter how much time had passed intrigued me, like many things about the alien. His philosophy about is body simply being another weapon, like a gun, instead of a person killing another person, puts a bleak, but fascinating spin on the mindset of a mercenary. Even with all of these supposed negatives to Thane, he is a kind-hearted and loving person, father too, underneath the green, almost amphibious exterior.

2. Garrus {ME I and II} The Archangel... amazing sniper, quirky personality underneath the rugged tough exterior, with a brain to boot. What's not to love about Garrus? He can be as strong and competent as any hardened soldier on the battlefield. But inside, he doesn't seem like an asshole like the majority of turians that I have encountered through the Galaxy. With his C-Sec background, he has a sense of justice, but he doesn't play by the book, he listens to his heart and head on what he believes is right.

1. Sarcastic Hawke {DA II} The reason I picked Hawke over say...oh, Shepard, who can still be awesome at times, is because with Shepard-Commander (as Legion calls Him/Her) there is two real options: Paragon or Renegade. With Hawke, you get these options too, but there's also a third: this snarky, joking, poke-fun-at-everyone-just-because-you-can type that has never been seen before in either ME or DA. What's so amazing about it, is that Hawke is actually somewhat funny with his/her lines. That's not even getting into the usual getting to make it look like whomever you want or the class and gender of your choosing. I'm strictly talking about a personality type that doesn't really show up in either series beforehand (although, I could be wrong, I simply have never really seen otherwise.)

Although, an aside... two of my favorite scenes in Mass Effect II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEDQc-Fr...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoHT_cHPzY

*phew* sorry if that was kinda long-winded.... when it comes to video games... I can get carried away, and ramble for days.

But, I have videos to break up the monotony of words.... yay for moving pictures!

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 1:24 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by NoMoreFaith - February 26, 2012 at 7:55 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by passionatefool - February 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 12:51 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by leo-rcc - February 27, 2012 at 9:37 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 12:37 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by AshesEmoFae - February 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 12:45 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 8:45 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by thebigfudge - February 27, 2012 at 8:50 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Jaysyn - February 27, 2012 at 9:52 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 9:59 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by leo-rcc - February 27, 2012 at 10:09 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 10:15 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by NoMoreFaith - February 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 11:07 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Are Your Favorite Fictional Characters (tv, movies, literature etc.)? Kernel Sohcahtoa 93 8599 September 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your top three GoT characters? Foxaèr 53 5359 June 15, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Hypocrisy in the Hollywood portrayal of overweight characters Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2698 February 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Favorite characters, and beyond.... Angrboda 66 29714 July 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Reforged