Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work.
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work.
My hatred towards the religious tends to fall within a certain boundary.

On the one hand, I realize that succumbing to religion is a form of weakness.

On the other, I realize that some people are made weaker by circumstance, and that religion preys mostly upon individuals suffering crises in their life, rather than those who were merely weak-willed to begin with.

My hatred is towards those who were weak from the start, who were docile, and succumb despite all the evidence against their beliefs. People who are gullible, surrendered their reason in exchange for 'faith,' claim this as a GOOD thing, and then try to force that view upon others.

My hatred stops before it reaches people who were on the ropes about the entire thing [or were outright atheists] before suffering a particularly harsh trauma upon their lives. A lover being violently taken, a child being stolen and murdered by a pedorast. An amputation of the limb or paralysis for life, an infection by a disease that ultimately results in a greatly shortened lifespan and a debilitated life before an ungracious end. The loss of a brother, a sister, mother or father, son or daughter, well before their time. religion preys on people at their weakest. There are people of strong wills, laid low by extreme tragedy, who are emotionally devoured by the predaciously religious; people who take advantage of othres who are in a state of supreme grief. My hatred and contempt is not wasted on these poor individuals; it's reserved especially for those who prey upon them. My bile and fury and contempt is meant for those who are naturally individuals of weak character, reason, and morality and who reconcile this not by finding their own strength but by forcing their weak wills upon those in need of comfort and support, those who are desperate for some shelter from the despair that has been wrought on them.

Such people, such predators, are not worthy of my soft-spoken words. I will speak softly to those who are led into the fold by the predators. But I will bring out the anti-materiel rifle-equivalent of my moral fury against the predators themselves. If you think such individuals could be reasoned with, could have soft-spoken individuals convince them through sheer, cool logic of the wrongness of their ways, you are supremely naive of the way the world and the human mind works, I am regretful to say.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Phil - March 31, 2012 at 4:43 pm
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Nine - March 31, 2012 at 11:22 am
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Nine - March 31, 2012 at 11:37 am
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Nine - March 31, 2012 at 11:55 am
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Nine - March 31, 2012 at 12:21 pm
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Phil - March 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Nine - March 31, 2012 at 4:28 pm
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Phil - March 31, 2012 at 4:55 pm
RE: Insulting & attacking belief doesn't work. - by Creed of Heresy - April 1, 2012 at 2:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God doesn't do anything Laura_opened_her_eyes 11 2512 October 16, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Whateverist