Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technological Advancement
RE: Technological Advancement
(October 27, 2013 at 7:44 am)hobie Wrote: How was mankind able to advance so much in less than a century during the 1900's and why did it take so long to do so? Were we helped by aliens? Why weren't we able to progress faster? Were we not smart enough from year 1 to the 20th century?

I think its because certain advancements have led to very rapid communication with each other which speeds up advancements.

Have we improved much since the 90's? I was born in 1984 and most of the stuff I can think of that has improved hasn't really been a new invention, it's just stuff that already existed that has been made faster, smaller, better looking, more convenient and available to the general public.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
Technological Advancement - by hobie - October 27, 2013 at 7:44 am
RE: Technological Advancement - by paulpablo - October 27, 2013 at 8:19 am
RE: Technological Advancement - by pocaracas - October 27, 2013 at 8:33 am
RE: Technological Advancement - by Captain Colostomy - October 27, 2013 at 8:41 am
RE: Technological Advancement - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - October 27, 2013 at 9:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The Post-Technological World. Gawdzilla Sama 63 3649 March 30, 2019 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Yonadav