Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The incredible shrinking religion
RE: The incredible shrinking religion
(March 28, 2014 at 8:44 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: I think religion as an organized entity is shrinking. I however still find myself spiritual, however in the sense I find solace in our humble place in the universe and how many things had to come together for our existence. Only difference I believe nature did this and not a deity. If there is a deity then its purpose is not what religions say it is. So in short, I think the human race is growing up, and the need for personal friend that is always there is shrinking. However, I think the "spiritual" or philosophical nature that religion will leave behind will remain. Even myself still find some peace and wisdom in Jesus's words. Religion played an important role, and its philosophy is still important even if it is without a deity.

Jesus also preached the doctrine of eternal punishment. Salvation which depends on faith. Thought crime.
In fact disbelief is the worst crime in christianity and is punishable by hell.

Messages In This Thread
The incredible shrinking religion - by xpastor - March 28, 2014 at 6:08 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by tor - March 28, 2014 at 6:17 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by pocaracas - March 28, 2014 at 6:37 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by max-greece - March 28, 2014 at 9:14 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by bladevalant546 - March 28, 2014 at 8:44 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by tor - March 28, 2014 at 8:55 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by bladevalant546 - March 28, 2014 at 12:53 pm
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by max-greece - March 28, 2014 at 9:27 am