Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hasa diga eebowai
RE: hasa diga eebowai
(December 28, 2014 at 5:08 am)Exian Wrote: Yeah, Matt and Trey put a little heart into everything they do. I wouldn't be surprised to be rooting for Mormons by the end. Are you saying you felt like connecting with the hasa diga eebowai thing or to connect with god?

ETA: Side note: I post from my phone so I can't see who starts threads under the title. I was a little surprised to see you started "hasa diga eebowai". Lol Smile

Again two sides to my synopsis. One is the Mormon recruitment/religious side, the other is the enjoyment of a Broadway show. As hasa diga eebowai literally means nothing in any language it then becomes apart of a Broadway show. Like any message or word it only has the meaning we give to it. I enjoyed the show and decided to use this unique word to discuss what I thought.

(December 28, 2014 at 10:48 am)Nope Wrote:
(December 28, 2014 at 4:12 am)Drich Wrote: I totally agree, that's one of the reason I went. (Know thy enemy) but I think one of the writters is a closet Mormon, and by the end your kinda rooting for them.

Again over all if you go just to see a Broadway play, then you'll have fun. If your going their to 'hasa diga eebowai' by the end you might have this feeling to 'connect.'

The writers are Trey Parker, Robert Lopez and Matt Stone.

Stone is an atheist, Parker believes in a god but thinks religion is silly. I don't know about Lopez but I found this quote by him.

Quote:And so I came to this feeling of, well, religion is made-up, but the fact that it exists and that people are good to one another is a miracle. It sort of is more miraculous than the stories of Jesus turning water into wine and all that crap.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/blog/jame...z-composer

I agree with the sentiments that Lopez expressed.

It doesn't sound like any of them are Mormons
Personal Philosophies aside, they do indeed promote a middle of the road view to this religion, one the Mormon church has embraced as per their tracts and advertisements in the play bill.

(December 28, 2014 at 8:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(December 28, 2014 at 4:12 am)Drich Wrote: I totally agree, that's one of the reason I went. (Know thy enemy) but I think one of the writters is a closet Mormon, and by the end your kinda rooting for them.

Again over all if you go just to see a Broadway play, then you'll have fun. If your going their to 'hasa diga eebowai' by the end you might have this feeling to 'connect.'

Mormons ask seek and knock and get a different answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidgBKGJx-c

They also have a firm belief in turning apart of themselves off
http://youtu.be/JjCfE1n6nW4

a/s/k is the exact oppsite of that.

Messages In This Thread
hasa diga eebowai - by Drich - December 28, 2014 at 1:41 am
RE: hasa diga eebowai - by Exian - December 28, 2014 at 1:50 am
RE: hasa diga eebowai - by Drich - December 28, 2014 at 4:12 am
RE: hasa diga eebowai - by downbeatplumb - December 28, 2014 at 8:35 am
RE: hasa diga eebowai - by Nope - December 28, 2014 at 10:48 am
RE: hasa diga eebowai - by Exian - December 28, 2014 at 5:08 am
RE: hasa diga eebowai - by Drich - December 28, 2014 at 11:57 pm