Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deconvertion since childhood
Deconvertion since childhood
Yes, my deconvertion process began when I was a kid thanks to my dad that happens to be an atheist himself. While he never told me that I should become an atheist, he let me grow up to decide which religion I'd like to follow. I have a christian mom and lived with her, but just like him, she never forced her beliefs on me. The only thing that made me believe in God was my school that made their students study the religion. I never had any problem with religion until I discovered how homophobic and transphobic those people could be, then I decided to myself that I'd fight against God, in my own mind. I decided that I'd rather go to hell than believe that LGBT people weren't accepted by God. Silly, I know. It's probably because I'm sorta gay, but then, being inevitablely influenced by my father, I began to loose my belief in this religion until I became unable to believe in any kind of god.

So, basically, I became a non-believer to save my well-being, not exactly by logical reasons. Not sure if it's a bad thing or not, I just know that I'm here like you all.  FSM Grin

Messages In This Thread
Deconvertion since childhood - by doomed - July 4, 2015 at 7:46 pm
RE: Deconvertion since childhood - by robvalue - July 5, 2015 at 12:02 am
RE: Deconvertion since childhood - by SteelCurtain - July 5, 2015 at 12:10 am
RE: Deconvertion since childhood - by doomed - July 5, 2015 at 7:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist since the age of 4! meowmeow 6 3499 June 28, 2009 at 9:55 am
Last Post: meowmeow