Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud of my state for once!
RE: Proud of my state for once!
(October 6, 2015 at 10:18 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Damn, wish I had known beforehand.

I could have taken a pickup load of pitchforks and torches and admonished the kids to take it to the next level . . .

Tongue

The crazy thing is, I was in  KCMO for that event, this past weekend. I saw all the Homecoming kids (all dressed up - so adorable!) all over the Plaza. There were a few kids I noticed who looked like they were possibly drag queens, and large number of girls who appeared to have taken out a gay boy as a date, a point I remarked to my Beloved in an almost condescending, "do they realize he's not interested in her?" kind of way. Now I realize I was the blind one!

I wish I'd known about the event; I'd have congratulated every kid I saw.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Messages In This Thread
Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 6, 2015 at 9:32 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by The Valkyrie - October 6, 2015 at 9:35 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Edwardo Piet - October 6, 2015 at 9:54 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by vorlon13 - October 6, 2015 at 10:18 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 6, 2015 at 11:35 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by drfuzzy - October 7, 2015 at 10:17 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 7, 2015 at 11:05 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Pyrrho - October 7, 2015 at 11:12 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 7, 2015 at 11:33 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Ayen - October 7, 2015 at 11:44 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 7, 2015 at 11:51 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by drfuzzy - October 8, 2015 at 10:17 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Pyrrho - October 7, 2015 at 11:50 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 8, 2015 at 12:06 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Thumpalumpacus - October 8, 2015 at 1:41 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by drfuzzy - October 8, 2015 at 10:19 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by houseofcantor - October 8, 2015 at 3:59 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Violet - October 8, 2015 at 2:53 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by robvalue - October 8, 2015 at 4:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington state suing olong with other ass backward states binny 0 1443 March 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: binny