Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!"
RE: "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!"
(April 20, 2016 at 3:22 am)Alex K Wrote: I'll just leave this here -

https://features.wearemel.com/i-was-a-me....xejxzzkkd

"Men are socialized to be stoic, rational beings. The only emotions we’re allowed are anger and joy, and in a precious few instances, we’re allowed to cry — like if our sports team loses. As an MRA, I always believed it was women and feminism putting men in this box. But these feminist texts not only validated the crisis of masculinity, they pointed out men are the biggest policers of masculinity. Men beat each other down for being “girly,” for liking sewing or baking, for crying. For being “faggots.” “You gotta man up.” “You can’t be a pussy, right?” "

This 100%. Just thought we should highlight probably one of the most important points in there.

That's the main reason I have never subscribed to "Men's Rights Activism". It's by and for heterosexual white men against everyone else, and fails to see the root cause of all these (very real) problems... themselves.

It's not that it's so wrong to discuss "men's issues" and it's not like feminists don't do that (they do, all the time). But I'm not here for denying the realities of hypermasculinity, and male-driven narrative of being "a real man". I know that bothers some of these MRAs who want to talk about "men's oppression! What about the men?!" so bad that they're willing to throw women and feminism under the bus, but there's a whole system here. Nothing is happening in a vacuum. The subjugation of women and the percieved oppression of men that these MRAs are bitching about come from the same place.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!" - by Regina - April 20, 2016 at 8:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I believe in human rights Interaktive 10 1603 December 28, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Interaktive