Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Transsexuality and Atheism
Question About Transsexuality and Atheism
Preamble:
I do not ask this question to challenge the validity of transsexuality. In fact, I think I know the answer to my own question. But I’d like to explore the question and get the members here to think about it. And share their insights so we can have a better understanding of this FUQ (Frequently Unasked Question).

Many transsexuals say they feel like men trapped in a woman’s body or vice versa. It occurred to me that this is counter to the idea of orthodox atheism, which asserts that there is no “I,” no part of a human being that is separate from the body. How can I be a man trapped in a woman’s body if my body is all that I am?

This can be explored from many different angles, and I’d love to hear what you have to say.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Messages In This Thread
Question About Transsexuality and Atheism - by Rhondazvous - May 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8711 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17272 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan