Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new
A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new
So the other day I saw the original for the first time ever, and now I'm watching the remake (I mistook the torrent for the second one). In the first one Freddy seemed a lot more insane and goofy, like he was doing it all for fun which is the attitude I'd expect from some child killer psychopath. In the new one he seems to show a lot more restraint while having a motive for his killing. Their origins are slightly different too, the original was a child killer, while the remake was a child molester. I think the original Freddy is a bit more scary (though they did try in the new one with the whole keeping you asleep forever for raping, but that was more creepy than scary), in both the behavior and makeup. The remake also relies a bit on jump scares which is kinda lame. Robert Englund did a better job at pulling off Freddy than Jackie Haley, who just seems to be doing his Watchmen voice. The effects in the newer one aren't even particularly all that better than in the original. Other than Freddy having a motive, the only real updates are it shows the internet and cellphones. That and a few scenes here and there and a few other tiny details. Did we really need a remake? Hollywood needs to knock that shit off.

Messages In This Thread
A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Mechaghostman2 - October 28, 2016 at 1:57 pm
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Faith No More - October 29, 2016 at 8:11 am
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Asmodee - October 28, 2016 at 5:39 pm
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Longhorn - October 29, 2016 at 7:47 am
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Cato - October 29, 2016 at 8:13 am
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by rado84 - October 29, 2016 at 8:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 6490 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused