Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One at a time or what?
One at a time or what?
I just posted this in the dubstep forum where it's probably more relevant but I know there's a few artistic type people on this forum too.

When I make music I've realized I have to make more than one at a time because if I listen to the same song consecutively so many times in a row it drives me crazy.

Especially while mixing the song because to me mixing is the most godawful shit part about creating a piece.  

Anyone else go through this and how do you combat it?  Personally I try and work on more than one song at a time so I'm not listening to the same one over and over.

I remember Steve Merchant who created the UK comedy the office with Ricky Gervais saying that he couldn't enjoy watching the office after it was made for about 2 years.

So for 2 years every time he would watch it, he couldn't watch it like an audience member he was still seeing it as a producer and looking out for flaws.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
One at a time or what? - by paulpablo - December 18, 2016 at 10:47 pm
RE: One at a time or what? - by Thumpalumpacus - December 18, 2016 at 11:01 pm
RE: One at a time or what? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 19, 2016 at 5:06 am
RE: One at a time or what? - by Homeless Nutter - December 19, 2016 at 6:52 am
RE: One at a time or what? - by Edwardo Piet - December 19, 2016 at 7:17 am