Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USN (nuclear armed) carrier battle force headed for NORKs.
RE: USN (nuclear armed) carrier battle force headed for NORKs.
(April 12, 2017 at 2:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I would guess that the navy's computers can't run anything heavier than XP.

We had that problem at the IRS - and I suspect most other federal agencies.  The computers lacked the memory to be upgraded.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the shipboard systems are still Intergraph hardware that tops out at 4 gigs. Another issue is it's probably a real PITA not to mention expensive to get new software certified for critical systems. It took NASA nearly 10 years to upgrade the shuttle to i386 processors. By the time they started flying with them the hardware was already several generations outdated.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: USN (nuclear armed) carrier battle force headed for NORKs. - by popeyespappy - April 12, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alabama Christians Force Removal Of Atheist Billboard Fake Messiah 5 1185 January 1, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Still With The God Shit at the Air Force Academy Minimalist 6 1573 May 10, 2014 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain