Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brace yourselves! The conspiracy theorists are talking about Yellow Stone again
Brace yourselves! The conspiracy theorists are talking about Yellow Stone again
Here's the reality. We really never know when the Yellow Stone Super Volcano is going to blow. Could be next week, next year or a million years from now. But apparently whenever there are more earthquakes than usual, that is apparently a "sign" that it's going to blow it's top off. Look, I realize some people ejaculate to this idea of global destruction. However, take a chill pill! Most of these people who spout this nonsense usually know nothing about the subject matter. Myself? I don't know a ton either. However, meteorology and geology are hobbies of mine. So, while I am not an expert in the field, I probably know more than the average Joe since I study this stuff for fun. Also, I mostly rely on those who are experts on this matter. The boys at NASA, USGS or my favorite the NWS. I even point these people in those directions; and yet they continue to ignore me and drown in their ignorance. They continue to rely on their own sources which are usually the guy standing on the street corner with a sign that says "THE MOON LANDING WAS FAKE"

I think people also do interpret information improperly. For instance, in geological terms a million years is considered a very short time. For instance, in geological terms earth is very young. So when people here this, "it could happen soon" they think next week.

This is why education is so damn important!

http://defiantamerica.com/yellowstone-su...-activity/

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Brace yourselves! The conspiracy theorists are talking about Yellow Stone again - by NuclearEnergy - June 21, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brace yourselves for gravitational waves Alex K 220 15871 February 27, 2016 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  No Arks....no talking snakes.... Minimalist 6 1097 January 12, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Chad32