Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is required for a human organism to be considered a rights bearer?
What is required for a human organism to be considered a rights bearer?
This is 1 of 2 threads that I have created to help offload another thread that I have created.
Many of the people that I have spoken with accept the human rights of the fetus, but feel that the bodliy autonomy argument trumps this and therefore is a moral justification for abortion. I have started to address that on another thread.

However, there is a significant percentage of people who feel that a fetus or human organism in the embryonic stage is not a right bearer. This is a seperate but very interesting question that I would like to discuss seperately from the above the question because they are truely unrelated.

First is use the term human organism because that seems the most accurate:

An embryo is an early stage of development of a multicellular diploid eukaryotic organism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embryo

Embryo is a STAGE of the human organism, not a SEPARATE entity.

Therefor if an embryo or a fetus does not in your opinioin bear human rights then what is necessary to bear these rights and why?
If it does then this thread is not for you.

Thanks

BOOM

Messages In This Thread
What is required for a human organism to be considered a rights bearer? - by DogmaticDownSouth - July 4, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is artificial selection considered "evolution"? DeistPaladin 43 18573 March 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Life began with a planetary mega-organism orogenicman 3 1135 November 28, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: orogenicman