Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump".
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump".
When i was a lad i was always afraid to go out after dark . Mainly because my Grandma use to scare us with old legends about monsters and spirits and all manor of means of warding them off .I note my Grandma believed in all  this as she held Pre - Christian  beliefs . By age 8  got over my fear of most of the nightmares that supposedly stalked the night . But i will admit that when i was north this summer i found myself feeling and acting a little   superstitious.

[Image: quallupilluit.jpg]
A depiction of Qallupilluk a child grabbing monster i was told about as a child

[Image: ijirait.jpg]
A depiction of a Ljiraat a shape shifting spirit that deceives hunters to their deaths .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by GUBU - November 9, 2017 at 10:49 am
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by Amarok - November 9, 2017 at 2:50 am
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by chimp3 - December 21, 2017 at 10:05 pm
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by Haipule - December 22, 2017 at 12:17 am