Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse!
My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse!
So xtians love to pretend that their doctrines were the natural result of scholars studying the scriptures and applying their findings and that, frankly, is just horseshit in keeping with the equine theme of the thread.  In fact in the mid 5th century there were rioting gangs of monks and common thugs perfectly willing to kill each other in the dispute over whether or not “jesus” was divine ( monophysitism) or human AND divine (dyophysitism).  And we think muslims are stupid today for fighting over who should have succeeded to be caliph!)  Anyway, this had precious little to do with doctrine and far more to do with power.  Which of the so-called Great Sees would dominate?  Those were Alexandria, Constantinople, Antioch, and either Ephesus or Jerusalem depending on which time period you were considering.  And of course, Rome.  And herein hangs the tale.  As can be seen, all except Rome were in the East. 

As the noted xtian scholar, Albert C. Outler wrote:

[Image: Yt5d2kY.jpg]

At Ephesus II the monophysites were completely triumphant mainly because the bishop of Alexandria, a man named Dioscuros had an army of thugs as well as the support of the Emperor Theodosius II.  They ruled from Constantinople to Alexandria.  Leo, the pope in Rome, was considered a barbarian as he did not speak Greek.  Further political events in Western Europe had, by 449 AD, resulted in various Gothic kingdoms being set up in Gaul and Spain and even parts of northern Italy.  The Vandals had settled in North Africa and all these various Barbarian kingdoms were Arian xtians which meant that as far as the snooty Greeks in the East were concerned they were just fucking heretics.  It also meant that despite whatever the pretensions of Leo might have been his influence was limited to areas of Italy south of the Po River.  No wonder the Byzantines felt they could dismiss him as just another barbarian.
So the question arises if the monophysites were so dominant what went wrong?  And the answer is, a clumsy horse or a shitty rider or both.   About a year after the council closed Theodosius II either fell off his horse or the horse fell with him.  The emperor broke his back and died 2 days later.  His sister, Pulcheria, who had generally handled all the mundane affairs of actually running the government but who was a dyophysite herself, grabbed the reins of government, married a soldier named Marcian and made him emperor and in 451 called the council of Chalcedon to dump the monophysites out on their asses.
So when xtians make silly claims about how holy their fucking scriptures are just remember that the reason why today “jesus” is fully human and fully divine is because of poor horsemanship.

They should have made that horse a saint!

Messages In This Thread
My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse! - by Minimalist - December 10, 2017 at 6:29 pm
RE: My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse! - by Amarok - December 11, 2017 at 10:22 pm
RE: My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse! - by GUBU - December 13, 2017 at 6:14 am
RE: My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse! - by GUBU - December 13, 2017 at 4:02 pm
RE: My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse! - by Amarok - December 13, 2017 at 3:54 pm
RE: My Kingdom For A Horse... A SUREFOOTED Horse! - by Amarok - December 13, 2017 at 6:41 pm