Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to AF with a Different Approach
RE: Returning to AF with a Different Approach
I must admit I'm not the greatest fan of tact at all. I prefer brutal honesty as it tends to lie less from omission.

But I'm trying the robot approach now. As it is that other side to me. Saying the minimum rather than the maximum. Basically.

(May 10, 2018 at 9:39 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: It really sounds like you have trouble with tact (not a value statement, but just an observation).  Most people just instinctively know when to say, and when not to say, certain things, and how to get a point across in a way that won't immediately upset the other person.  But if you're not wired that way, I can understand how it would be difficult... why are certain things okay to say in one setting and not another?  Why do people react so defensively when I'm only pointing out the truth?  Why do people think I'm being emotional when I'm simply trying to explain how their stance/opinion/reaction is illogical, stupid, or something else along those lines?

Yeah I have almost no sense of my own emotions so it means I can't relate to them in others either.

And I can't judge intentions. And I can't tell when people are lying. Unless something is obvious sarcasm or a clear joke if someone says something I deem false I assume they are honestly mistaken.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Returning to AF with a Different Approach - by Edwardo Piet - May 10, 2018 at 9:42 pm