Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
I think that a certain kind of faith in God is the best thing that can happen to anyone, and what the world needs most of all, for human progress, and to right the wrongs and repair the damage. Rather than trying to explain what kind of faith I mean, I'll start by giving an example of how it might happen. I'm not sure it can happen this way, but it's the best way I can think of to illustrate how I think it might happen. A person might read the gospel stories in some Christian Bible, and learn to love and trust Jesus enough to want to follow Him, and learn from Him how to live a better life. I don't think that a person needs to believe that anything in the gospel stories ever actually happened, or believe in any god, or even believe that any such person as Jesus ever actually existed, in order for God to grant them that kind of faith.
- Jim

Messages In This Thread
What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone - by jimhabegger - July 2, 2018 at 8:49 pm