Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanings of “God” in some scriptures
RE: Meanings of “God” in some scriptures
What rob said.  Words need to have a generally agreed-upon meaning or communication becomes impossible.  Suppose that instead of saying, 'I put on my best suit, got in my car and drove to the interview', I told you, 'I put on my best Thursday, got in my Germany and coffee cup to the delightful', you'd have no idea what I was going on about.

Similarly, if you use the word 'God' to mean something other than, 'The supranatural being who created and sustains the physical universe as a home for human beings', you're left with the choices of either people looking at you as if you're some new species of wombat or getting bogged down in explaining your new definitions and never getting round to the point.

That being said, you seem like a very nice person. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanings of “God” in some scriptures - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - July 4, 2018 at 3:49 am