Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanings of “God” in some scriptures
RE: Meanings of “God” in some scriptures
(July 3, 2018 at 10:39 pm)jimhabegger Wrote: Here’s how I’m thinking of it now: What Christian scriptures and some other scriptures say about God is sometimes about a few of the human characters in the stories (“Manifestations of God” in Baha’i terminology), sometimes about some kind of power and influence that helps people learn to live better lives (“Holy Spirit” more or less in Christian terminology and “divine assistance” more or less in Baha’i terminology), and sometimes as the first creator in considering the world figuratively or metaphorically as being created by someone or something (“God in His Essence” in Baha’i terminology). It looks to me like, in Christian scriptures and some other scriptures, “God” can mean any of those, or any combination of them.

In the Bible the God character's name is Yahweh.  He's the God of the Hebrews and the God of the armies.  So unless you're a Hebrew he should be irrelevant to you, unless you believe in the Jewish fairy tales, which the Bible plainly says that you shouldn't.  

Since there are thousands of gods (which is just a title) please be kind enough to specify which one you're discussing.  Hell, even Paul and Barnabas were called gods.  And since we know the difference between good and evil we are just as smart as the biblical Yahweh is on that.  So even if he was real the only thing he can do is either toss you into the lake of fire or else lock you up in his golden palace for all of eternity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanings of “God” in some scriptures - by Wyrd of Gawd - July 4, 2018 at 4:20 am