Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 2:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do people who try to stop gay love deserve to be punished?
Do people who try to stop gay love deserve to be punished?
I'm not referring in a legal way. Freedom of speech is very important, even if that means hearing a lot of bullshit. I am referring on a personal way.
I was thinking about the following imaginary situation. A gay kid comes out to their homophobic parent, said kid being financially independent. The parent doesn't disown their child and speaks politely, but won't change their mind no matter what and doesn't want to compromise or give up. So the kid says: "Gay couples can be as healthy as straight ones. As long as its true love and they respect eachoder it shouldn't be any problem. You are forbiding me to meet the love of my life for no good reason and as punishment for it you yourself won't be able to have contact with someone you hold dear, that being me.". I was thinking that this isn't the best option if you are trying to convince someone to change their mind, but is it possible that the parent deserves this punishment, or that the relationship isn't worth it?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin

Messages In This Thread
Do people who try to stop gay love deserve to be punished? - by Der/die AtheistIn - February 12, 2019 at 11:51 am