Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It An Exacta Science?
RE: Is It An Exacta Science?
(May 6, 2019 at 12:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 6, 2019 at 12:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Worse, this sort of thing can make a horse stumble and fall, which can cause other horses to fall.  If that had happened, you'd have (instead of a disqualification) the very real possibility of dead horses and jockeys.

Boru

True. 

I've seen clips like that before in my life. Fortunately nobody got severely injured in the clips I saw, but it makes sense. Horses are tall, and even if the horse doesn't get injured the Jockey has a long distance to fall and, if anyone remembers Reeves, that wasn't even a race and he still landed on his neck. 

I love looking at horses, and even petting them when they are leaning their necks over a stable, but they are F ING HUGE. I've always been intimidated by their size. Not because I feared them being mean, but merely because they are big and powerful. 

And I tried riding one once in my late teens. I do not for the life of me see how anyone stays on them when they are running full speed with all that bouncing.

You're ahead of me, then.  I've never been able to get close enough to a horse to attempt to ride one.  Panic attacks.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
Is It An Exacta Science? - by Brian37 - May 6, 2019 at 11:56 am
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - May 6, 2019 at 12:12 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by Brian37 - May 6, 2019 at 12:21 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - May 6, 2019 at 12:24 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by Brian37 - May 6, 2019 at 12:31 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - May 6, 2019 at 1:05 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by Brian37 - May 6, 2019 at 1:11 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by onlinebiker - May 6, 2019 at 1:25 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by Brian37 - May 6, 2019 at 1:35 pm
RE: Is It An Exacta Science? - by Fireball - May 6, 2019 at 2:21 pm