Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Circus
RE: Silent Circus
(March 18, 2020 at 6:34 am)WinterHold Wrote: A depressive, yet a very interesting piece of musical art with lots of surrealistic paintings.
@Belacqua would enjoy this I'm sure

Fascinating, mood-setting music. It seems pretty clear that he has such visuals in mind when he makes the music.

I Googled Yamaoka just now. His Wikipedia page lists him as primarily a video game music composer, which is something new for me. But it would explain why the pictures and the sounds work together. Also it says he went to Tokyo Art College, which has produced most of the recent famous artists in Japan, so clearly he's a visual guy too. 

I made a conscious decision back when computer games started getting addictive -- I knew that if I got into them I wouldn't stop, so I have never experienced all that stuff. My students talk about Call of Duty and a bunch of others, but it's all alien to me. No doubt I'm missing something -- maybe I've condemned myself to the old-fashioned world. The idea of quality composers whose primary medium is games is strange to me!

Messages In This Thread
Silent Circus - by WinterHold - March 18, 2020 at 6:34 am
RE: Silent Circus - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - March 18, 2020 at 6:41 am
RE: Silent Circus - by Belacqua - March 18, 2020 at 7:10 am
RE: Silent Circus - by WinterHold - March 19, 2020 at 3:30 am