Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebAssembly
WebAssembly
Hey, guys!
So, I came to an idea that I could make money by making an alternative to AssemblyScript, by making a compiler which compiles AEC (the programming language I designed) to WebAssembly. Until now, AEC targetted only x86 Assembly, so I've been writing a new compiler. I've actually rewritten everything (including the tokenizer and the parser) from JavaScript to C++, because most experienced programmers think C++ is a better language than JavaScript is for those kinds of stuff. After I've written more than 3'000 lines of code, I've managed to compile a simple AEC program to run in a browser.
So, what do you guys think, is it worth to continue developing it? Do you think it's worth to drop out of university to try to make money of that idea? I am not doing well at the university, and most things we learn there seem absolutely pointless to me. I want honest answers.

Messages In This Thread
WebAssembly - by FlatAssembler - August 3, 2020 at 12:08 pm
RE: WebAssembly - by Rhizomorph13 - August 3, 2020 at 12:40 pm
RE: WebAssembly - by FlatAssembler - August 4, 2020 at 2:09 pm
RE: WebAssembly - by FlatAssembler - August 9, 2020 at 3:06 pm
RE: WebAssembly - by FlatAssembler - August 19, 2020 at 3:36 pm