Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I actually believed this bullshit without being indoctrinated!
Lightbulb 
I actually believed this bullshit without being indoctrinated!
Here is my story. I was born into a nuclear atheist family with a good portion of the extended family being Roman Catholics. At least they aren't asshole fundamentalists. My nuclear family has 2 bibles. One being a thumper and the other one being a Children's Illustrated Bible. I read the child version just because it was so entertaining. I don't honestly know how old i was, but i was basically a little kid. Upon always reading it, I became a bedtime theist. That means I was trying to obey my Voice, that I thought was a nice and merciful God, when it told me that to impress it, actually what my Mom had told me that my brain regurgitated during thought activity, when I got into bed and tried to hold my eyes closed long enough to fall asleep.

I eventually debunked most of the bible but for one thing. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out, how Jesus walked on the water, partially because I was a swimmer for the most part of my life. I actually tried to do it in our personal swimming pool. Guess what happened? I magically was able to walk across the water just like Jesus! Not!! I failed miserably and concluded that the Jesus walking on water trick was just a magically act as was part of the story. So I became an atheist. Some time i was visited by some Jehovah witnesses. That episode didn't end as well as I had wished. I once attended a baptism of one of my cousins. I am now a strong atheist. My position on many world's problems is this: if everyone used critical thinking and science and human constructiveness the world would be a much better place. All impediments to these three fundamental concepts must be wiped off the planet.

Edit: I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts about this.

Messages In This Thread
I actually believed this bullshit without being indoctrinated! - by Emporion - February 27, 2011 at 12:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Month Without Faith - Thank you. Spacetime 30 6400 July 17, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: KUSA