Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antitheism
Antitheism
Opposition to belief in a god or religion. Often I see atheism and antitheism go hand in hand, though it's not always the case. As I see it there are a number of types. Anti-belief/superstitions, anti-religion and anti-Deity.

It is possible for believers to be in some ways antitheistic. They can be dystheists/misotheists/misotheists, and believe that the god is evil, or they can believe that belief should be an entirely personal affair and organised religion has a negative impact on people/society, or they could believe that yes there is a god, but people need to let go of it and start doing things for themselves without a safety net or the promise of reward/punishment in the afterlife to make sure that they work on improving the current world. I'm just saying its possible.

My question is this: are you antitheistic, if so in what ways, and for what reasons?

Messages In This Thread
Antitheism - by Darth - June 17, 2011 at 8:21 am
RE: Antitheism - by Epimethean - June 17, 2011 at 9:18 am
RE: Antitheism - by BloodyHeretic - June 17, 2011 at 9:26 am
RE: Antitheism - by Faith No More - June 17, 2011 at 9:56 am