Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability
The stigma is what I would want to be removed, Shell, and most of that comes from religion, which is why I wanted that portion of it out of the conversation for just a moment.

As for potential, my ex had the potential to be an awesome fuckin' architect. Smart as shit about it. Same as he is REALLY good with cars. He works in computer security where he's mediocre - for his step dad, I might add. But it lets him live in the mountains with his hill billy wife, which is all he cares about.

I have lots of potential talents. I can draw. I can paint. I could play piano again if I wanted to. I used to be able to sing. I'm excellent in history and literature when I apply myself. I suck at math, but I suppose if I had gotten extra tutoring, I'd be riding the waves as a marine biologist now. Plants don't require a lot of smarts from the horticulture side - just an affinity for them. My point for both is that there's wasted potential EVERYWHERE but you have to do what you love OR do something that pays for you to do what you love.

If I had the body and talent (and confidence) to strip and knew it earned far more than what I make now, fuck yeah I would. I realize DBP joked that guys aren't that picky, but seriously - I have no rhythm. It would be a laughingstock. If something like that earned me enough to live in a nice place while going back to school, to save money for once instead of living hand in mouth, and paid for my gardening, which is my real passion, I'd do it. I hate where I work now - endless days of bullshit with no physical activity and no more self-respect than a stripper may or may not have. That's just the way I see it though.

I don't argue that most probably do it for the money.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Bgood - March 9, 2012 at 12:22 am
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by thesummerqueen - March 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Nine - March 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Bgood - March 10, 2012 at 12:08 am