Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
I hate to say this, but if you go to any atheist community, most of their own energy is dedicated to hating on "theists" or "religion" or random churches.

Irreligion also correlates with psychoticism and social maladjustment.

AND on top of that, you can't forget that by far the bulk of Christian martyrs in living memory were killed by atheists. You know how Wiccans sometimes get angry at Christians for the witch burnings which happened hundreds of years ago? It's like that.

All of this adds up to a distaste, one I disagree with but I can understand it on some level. Either way, when it comes to real violence and hate crimes, atheists suffer almost none of it: that's primarily on Jews/Muslims. I can find only one incidence, maaybe two. Hell even if you expand your search to the entirety of history, where you can find the state-sponsored murder of hundreds of Christians killed by atheists for being Christian, how many state-sponsored murders of atheists can you find who were killed by Christians for being atheist?

I found maybe one. He disputed it but I'll count it I guess. Undecided

I guess what I am trying to say is that "hate" is relative.
Mary Immaculate, star of the morning
Chosen before the creation began
Chosen to bring for your bridal adorning
Woe to the serpent and rescue to man.

Sinners, we honor your sinless perfection;
Fallen and weak, for your pity we plead;
Grand us the shield of your sovereign protection,
Measure your aid by the depth of our need.

Bend from your throne at the voice of our crying,
Bend to this earth which your footsteps have trod;
Stretch out your arms to us, living and dying,
Mary Immaculate, Mother of God.

Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Aiza - May 24, 2012 at 7:15 pm