Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 25, 2012 at 12:16 am)Aiza Wrote: The psychoticism and social maladjustment thing isn't my "opinion".

ok, atheists are the ones who are psychotic and socially maladjusted. however, walking up to someone's house on a saturday morning in a bell dress (women) and bad fitting suits (men) and knocking on my door - that's how to fit in. or the girl i used to work with, who wore some pants that fit tight in a particular spot, so i commented on her cameltoe (i kno, juvenile, but so what, i thought it was funny). she turned completely red and told me her mother told her if a guy looked at her in that spot, the devil would come out of it. he reminds her he's in there by making her bleed once a month. you guessed it, another psychotic, religious fanatic. how about the 17yo daughters who hold the bible in one hand and hold their mom's hand in the other, when they're walking thru the city? how about those standing on soapboxes, wearing sandwich boards and megaphones at busstop corners in the busy city? i bet most people not of their persuasion would think they seem sane. joel osteen, pat roberts, even creflo dollar, must i even mention evangelists and their racket. oh yeah, then there's always the perfectly non-psychotic child molesters. come on ...

Quote:I think its dumb when people generalize atheists based on some bad apples just like I think its dumb when people generalize Christians or Muslims (and I could easily make a post about why that happens).

this i can agree with, i can say that there are issues with individuals both ways, but i'd like to see your study that claims it as overwhelmingly one way.

in fact, it makes me wonder, if this wasn't part of the reason you converted (back) to a theist - to fit into the more socially accepted group. didn't have the fight to stand on your own? needed more friends? just curious.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by jackman - May 25, 2012 at 2:18 am