Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
You did not read my post beyond rapid skimming. I shouldn't even bother replying but I have one left in me before I hit the hay.

No, no despot has ever killed religious folk just for being religious. They kill religious folk because they are parts of institutions that have power that rivals their own. When was the last time you heard of a democratically-elected government [one-person party "republics" do not apply, I mean a genuine democracy/republic of multiple competing parties] opting to murder people solely based on their religion?

The nazis. You know who supported the nazis during their campaign of genocide?

The catholic church. Yes. Your religion is complicit in the murder of 6,000,000 jews. Congratulations, your own argument turns on you.

Quote:No, you are less trusted in positions of political power. That's not loathing. Again, I can easily point to hate crime stats in which atheists/irreligious are very much underrepresented. I am not saying its RIGHT but lets be honest here.

Uh, yeah, did you not read the 48% being uncomfortable with their son or daughter marrying an atheist, which is a higher number than blacks, muslims, and homosexuals?

Again, you did not read my post, and unfortunately for you that will not help your case against anyone else here, DEFINITELY not me. The rest of your post is grasping at straws.

The reason we don't hear about many atheists in the middle ages is because if you were smart you shut the hell up and didn't tell anyone about it, but one of the highest crimes to the church was unbelief. GEE. I WONDER IF THAT MEANT THE TORTURE-HAPPY SADIST CATHOLIC CHURCH MIGHT'VE KILLED ATHEISTS WHO SPOKE OUT. HMMM. Naaaaah, surely those gentle, all-loving individuals who were famous for commissioning people to build meticulously and lovingly designed torture devices would have been ULTRA-TOLERANT of people espousing unbelief when one of the church's highest affronts is to be an unbeliever. Fucking laughing my ass off, here.

Plus there's the whole population density issue where atheists have always been a sheer minority, and christians a vast majority, and there were far more people in the mid 1990s than there were in the middle ages. So actually yes, it is a contest of percentages. If we can hardly find any record of atheists in the middle ages, and we look at the kinds of people the church really loved to execute, and we look at the laws that basically state that the ultimate sin is to deny god, and then we look and try to find some records of atheists and find so very precious few and oftentimes from smuggled sources, AND THEN we consider how much literature the church was so fond of burning if it didn't suit their views?

Yeah, the evidence is pretty fucking clear what the percentages of murder are, there...

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Creed of Heresy - May 25, 2012 at 7:30 am