Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
Have you been to jesus pipes' website? I'm not at all clear what beliefs are being espoused other than that smoking a pipe (of anything) will somehow help you meditate on Jesus' teachings. A distinction is made between what the bible says and what Jesus says.

Jesus pipes,

If Jesus' message was that man could know God without the Old Testament, I assume you would say man can know Jesus/God/whatever without the New Testament too? Afterall, Jesus had no part in putting it together and knew nothing of it. If he thought it important to leave specific instructions behind don't you think he'd have put a scribe to work? If you agree that neither the NT nor the OT is needed to know God, would you also agree that Jesus too is superfluous? When he is quoted as saying "I am the way", do you think he meant his personhood/essence or did he mean the way exemplified by his life?

What do you think Jesus would have said is important? That you win his favor or that you follow his example? Do you think Jesus would have thought his personal history was so important?

I'd be curious to hear you say more if there is anymore to say.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Whateverist - May 25, 2012 at 10:47 pm