Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 27, 2012 at 4:28 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 26, 2012 at 11:45 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I hope she gets better.

Thanks for the sentiment but that was never on the cards.

She died less than an hour ago.

Sorry for your loss. Death is what keeps it real for me. It's a reminder to get your cards out on the table while you still can. When I was younger I didn't easily express affection but now, having lived through the deaths of my mother, my father and two brothers I find the words much easier to say. Hell, I even tell my dogs I love them.

Living with dogs makes the death of loved ones a more frequent occurrence. I have friends who'll say they could never bear to lose some special dog or get another dog after. I feel the opposite. It is much better to bury a great dog with whom you've had a great relationship, than a marginal dog whose loss you can more easily bear. In that vein, I hope your mum is worth much sorrow. Be happy to pay the price.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Whateverist - May 27, 2012 at 10:30 am