Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 27, 2012 at 10:43 am)Jesus Pipes Wrote: Thank you, and that is really what we are trying to promote. There really is a middle ground here that we can exist with mutual respect and not force our negative beliefs on others. I don't want christians telling others they sinning and going to hell for such and such, and I don't want atheists telling nonjudgemental christians that they are idiots for believing in something that may make them a better person. There is a middle, thank you for seeing that.

Sorry for butting in, but I wanted to give my 2 cents. Smile

I can only speak for myself, but I think at least a few here can agree with me, since it's put into practice everyday. Debates and discussions can get heated, insults might be thrown around, but show outside these threads that you're a nice person and your belief will be overlooked or ignored. To me there are many theists here that I can't see eye to eye with when it comes to religious topics, but as human beings I like them just fine. This is after all a forum to discuss both sides, it is a small battlefield, but I try not to forget that there is another person sitting on the opposite end.
Unfortunately there will be those, who will come across as insolent, bigoted and mean persons, no matter what they say and no matter what the topic. If it is due to the conversation being on the net or if that person actually is a piece of shit, I cannot say. But those can fortunately be put on ignore Big Grin
So yes, I agree, there is definitely a middle, just not in the debates. Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Kayenneh - May 28, 2012 at 3:27 am