Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 27, 2012 at 10:43 am)Jesus Pipes Wrote: Thank you, and that is really what we are trying to promote. There really is a middle ground here that we can exist with mutual respect and not force our negative beliefs on others. I don't want christians telling others they sinning and going to hell for such and such, and I don't want atheists telling nonjudgemental christians that they are idiots for believing in something that may make them a better person. There is a middle, thank you for seeing that.

The middle ground may exist, but that doesn't mean people walk it consistently. In my experience, most people happily walk the middle ground most of the time but jump to one end when its convenient and jump back, hollering for it, when their other ground is being questioned.

Personally, I don't talk about religion unless its brought up in my presence. Such as when my family wants to drag me to a temple or my friends criticize my eating beef on religious basis. My policy is - "If you show me yours, you better be ready to see mine".

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by genkaus - May 28, 2012 at 3:53 am