Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 28, 2012 at 10:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: Catholic schools are not open to anyone. Why do you continue to spout untruths as if they are fact?
Yes they are. Some private Catholic schools (those owned by a religious order vs. a diocese or parish) have educational requirements attached, but there is no religious requirement to attend a Catholic school, and many non-Catholics currently are in the Catholic school system. Some 20% of Notre Dame's students are non-Catholic for example, and according to the NCEA some 12% of children in Catholic elementary schools are non-Catholic.

http://www.catholiccourier.com/in-depth/...-students/

When I was an atheist I dated a Wiccan who was going to Catholic school.
Quote:Pol Pot despised intellectual people too, so there goes your idea that he was persecuting people based on religion.
This doesn't even make any sense, I'm afraid. Thats like saying Hitler also despised Communists, so there goes my idea he was persecuting people based on ethnicity. Huh?
Mary Immaculate, star of the morning
Chosen before the creation began
Chosen to bring for your bridal adorning
Woe to the serpent and rescue to man.

Sinners, we honor your sinless perfection;
Fallen and weak, for your pity we plead;
Grand us the shield of your sovereign protection,
Measure your aid by the depth of our need.

Bend from your throne at the voice of our crying,
Bend to this earth which your footsteps have trod;
Stretch out your arms to us, living and dying,
Mary Immaculate, Mother of God.

Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Aiza - May 28, 2012 at 10:18 pm