Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 28, 2012 at 10:18 pm)Aiza Wrote:
(May 28, 2012 at 10:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: Catholic schools are not open to anyone. Why do you continue to spout untruths as if they are fact?
Yes they are. Some private Catholic schools (those owned by a religious order vs. a diocese or parish) have educational requirements attached, but there is no religious requirement to attend a Catholic school, and many non-Catholics currently are in the Catholic school system. Some 20% of Notre Dame's students are non-Catholic for example, and according to the NCEA some 12% of children in Catholic elementary schools are non-Catholic.

http://www.catholiccourier.com/in-depth/...-students/

When I was an atheist I dated a Wiccan who was going to Catholic school.

The question here is, did your Wiccan friend tell his Catholic teachers that he was Wiccan?

Your source does not say that all Catholic schools allow children of all faiths and no faith to enroll. Catholic schools are not "Catholic," because they are run by Catholics. They are Catholic because they teach, embrace and promote Catholicism. They are for Catholics and they do not exempt non-Catholic children from observation of and learning of Catholicism in the school.

Quote:
Quote:Pol Pot despised intellectual people too, so there goes your idea that he was persecuting people based on religion.
This doesn't even make any sense, I'm afraid. Thats like saying Hitler also despised Communists, so there goes my idea he was persecuting people based on ethnicity. Huh?

It's actually not. It's like saying Pol Pot hated religious people and atheists, which means he hated everyone. Pol Pot's reign was one where he targeted virtually everyone as a means of gaining control. He was not an atheist out to get Catholics as you paint him to be. Your position is clearly largely based on your beliefs and the influence of those who share your beliefs. If you were capable of objectivity, you would see that Pol Pot did not kill anyone because he was an atheist. He did it because he was an asshole. Many Catholics, on the other hand, murdered specifically because of their faith and what their faith taught them. Answer me this, would you suffer a witch to live? If yes, you are not following your faith.

Your problem is that you try to paint atheists with a single brush when they only share a single disbelief. You, and the murderous Catholics of old and new, share an entire worldview. You actually embrace the rules that allowed them to commit their murders, yet you think atheists are somehow less moral and more likely to be horrible than Catholics? Get over yourself, Aiza. You are just like every other converted theist -- confused and grasping.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Shell B - May 28, 2012 at 10:39 pm