Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
"I love how you complain that you don't have access to the articles but then you have yet to post any relevant data of your own whatsoever. Oh geez.... "

Someone hasn't been doing the reading I supplied and has yet to establish anything beyond the fact that highly religious people subscribe to external controls and therefore moderate their behavior. This makes religion no different from a drug. Do you have anything at all to suggest otherwise or beyond this point, which I have been hammering home again and again? Religion is just another form of social constraint. As such, it may offer benefits to those with mental illnesses, and it may exacerbate said illnesses, but your point that those who are religious are less likely to BE mentally ill finds no support, whereas the suggestion that those who are mentally ill may find in religion a source of comfort which masks their illness just might.
Trying to update my sig ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Epimethean - June 4, 2012 at 6:02 pm