Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
No, you did say that no atheists had been killed for being atheists. I recall it exactly. I'll be right on finding that for you.

Him denying being atheist, whether more of your bullshit or not, is irrelevant and I think you know it. If a person is executed for a murder that they didn't commit are they any less executed for murder?

Aiza Wrote:HEAVILY? I mean...can you name any atheists (as we understand the term today--a lack of belief in any gods) who were killed by "the Church or its toadies" for being atheist? Ever? I looked around a long time and found maybe one.

Well, sweetheart, you can take the maybe out of that equation. Let's not pretend you were talking about the same fella, either, or you would have mentioned that in your most recent post. Wink

Cheers

I'm just going to go ahead and school you on a little history, so you'll shut the fuck up. I keep hearing "in living memory, the atheists have, blah, blah, blah." Who gives a fuck about living memory, firstly? Secondly, you know absolute fuckall about genocide. Even excluding Hilter, which is asinine, because he himself said he was fucking Christian, religious folk are the most likely to perpetrate genocide, statistically. Of course, there have been fewer atheists in history, but we'll keep this simple for the sake of clarity. Now, atheists are persecuted. Does it matter if they are persecuted with hateful tactics or murder? No. Persecution. Bottom line, Aiza. Now, let's get to history, shall we?

Native Americans killed by colonial Americans and then early United States citizens. They were Puritans and Christians, if they knew what was good for them.

Conquest of the Desert perpetrated by a Catholic, though he did take a lot of control away from the church.

Herero and Namaqua Genocide perpetrated by Germany, which was then led by Wilhelm II -- a Christian.

Every fucking mass killing in Ireland that I can think of was perpetrated by Christians and Catholics.

Russian genocides, Ukrainian Genocide and mass killings perpetrated by plenty of theists and, get this, one atheist.

Armenian Genocide, Greek Genocide, Assyrian Genocide, perpetrated by the Ottoman Turks. You're Catholic, you should know what they were. Catholics were pretty good at fucking them over once upon a time.

We're skipping Hilter because you won't take his fucking word for it, I bet.

Mass killings in Korea, perpetrated by people who think their leader is a god and a leader who thinks he is a god.

Oh, and Africa. Let's not forget your fascination with "living memory." Let's see, Congo, Sudan, Darfur (technically also Sudan), Rwanda, South Africa, etc. thank you very much Christianity. Let's not forget the parents who are having their children murdered for witchcraft thanks to the amalgam of Christianity and tribal religion that has been created in Africa.

Schooled. Now please, come again? For every one genocide you can think of that was perpetrated by an atheist, I can think of thirty that weren't. I don't give a shit if you believe in god or not, but do not delude yourself and outright lie to others to protect your own cognitive dissonance. This thread is a mockery of history and your own personal masturbation fest. Go become a nun. Reality would blow your fucking mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Shell B - June 11, 2012 at 12:37 am