Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
I'm baffled by the dodging here. It's seriously so fucking deluded. Say I am persecuting green people, but I can't tell the difference between green people and blue people, so I persecute blue people as well as green. I'm still fucking persecuting green people, even if they hide from me and I wind up only persecuting blue people in my ignorant, hate-filled spree. You're not protecting Christians by saying they don't persecute atheists by pointing out cases of mistaken identity, Aiza. I know that facing reality is hard and looking at the bad in something you love is even harder, but I really want to know how you convince yourself that your arguments are good? Is it really so important that you protect your new found faith that you are willing to twist facts and use semantics to ensure that your spiritual position is secure? If so, that is fine, but it literally gives me the chills that you cannot even admit to a bit of twisting and dodging. Your position, in all seriousness, creeps me out. It makes me long for a day when people do not deny facts to support preconceived conclusions. If someone told me the sky was falling and the evidence was there to prove it, I might be scared and I might not like this reality, but I would rather die than contort reality to comfort myself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Shell B - June 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm