Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine)
RE: Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine)
(March 11, 2014 at 8:47 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Well, I have actually been helped by a chiropractor before, and for many spinal problems, mainstream medicine's solution is surgery, which is ungodly expensive and not even usually a permanent solution. The other is physical therapy, which is more expensive than seeing a chiropractor and generally takes several visits or days of self-directed therapy. So in that case, I'm inclined to think mainstream medicine is actually the one ripping people off.

My mother drives me crazy these days by trying to get me to use "home remedies" she's read about on Facebook. The latest is oil pulling. She thinks it will help me with my allergies and I'm like, what about that practice is supposed to be effective in treating allergies? It just doesn't make any sense. My mom is normally a skeptical person, so I dunno why she gets into this stuff.

I'll be honest that I'm more open to chiropractors than I am other alternatives. I've seen people who have had their backs completely screwed by chiropractors but I've also seen the same thing with surgery.

Unfortunately it happens to the best of us. In all honesty, I'd see a trained physiotherapist before I'd see a chiropractor.

Not saying they don't help people, because I've seen success stories.
Dying to live, living to die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine) - by The Valkyrie - March 11, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Americans spend $30 billion annually on alternative medicine Fake Messiah 26 4880 November 11, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas