Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View
RE: Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View
(January 16, 2010 at 12:19 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(January 15, 2010 at 11:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I think you misunderstood Kich.

A child learns by trial and error in the absence of guidance, influence and instinct. Trial and error is the worst method. The abrahamic definitions of God were arrived at by figuring out what God was not.

Ignosticism suggests that we can't know what God isn't, which is clearly falsifiable. You aren't God. FAIL.

That's nice dear...

And you are right in as much as a child will learn by figuring out what will and will not work. Not the fundemental components of what it is and why. You are talking about concepts which are no different than the concept of string theory (IMHO)

I am not god?? (FFS don't tell my kids!) Why should that be an argument??? And further, if that is your definition as per your previous posts, then I can not exist...so why are you arguing??

That it's no different to the concept of string theory dismisses it how exactly?

You are not God - we can clearly know that... so that shows already there are some things we know are not God which is what I'm saying. Do that a lot more and you can arrive at what God is.

God is in everything but each individual component alone does not equal God. It's quite simple.

(January 16, 2010 at 12:53 am)theVOID Wrote:
(January 15, 2010 at 11:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: The abrahamic definitions of God were arrived at by figuring out what God was not.

Lmao, what a load of shit frodo.

Please substantiate that claim VOID. Or STFU Tongue

(January 16, 2010 at 12:53 am)theVOID Wrote:
Quote:Ignosticism suggests that we can't know what God isn't, which is clearly falsifiable. You aren't God. FAIL.

Come on then frodo, stop talking and start falsifying! Demonstrate knowledge of God.

I just did. Apparently you missed it.

(January 16, 2010 at 6:05 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(January 15, 2010 at 11:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I think you misunderstood Kich.

A child learns by trial and error in the absence of guidance, influence and instinct. Trial and error is the worst method. The abrahamic definitions of God were arrived at by figuring out what God was not.

Ignosticism suggests that we can't know what God isn't, which is clearly falsifiable. You aren't God. FAIL.

Since it is clearly falsifiable, please demonstrate how.

Same answer to you Zen. Didn't you just see me demonstrate how?

Messages In This Thread
Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View - by Knight - January 15, 2010 at 6:23 pm
RE: Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View - by fr0d0 - January 16, 2010 at 8:50 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A contradiction in the liberal view of gender shadow 64 12282 September 18, 2017 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Devil's advocate for why ontology is meaningless and vacuous. Edwardo Piet 76 6857 September 12, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Cynical view of happiness. paulpablo 77 7827 July 10, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  My View on Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 29 7325 March 4, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question One thing that makes you doubt your own world view? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2746 July 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Something completely different