Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View
RE: Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View
Quote:I have defined what is universally known as the color blue and call the chair I'm sitting on fits in that parameter. Of course none of us know that "blue" is "blue" because it's intangible, unobservable, a construct of human intuition and reasoning.

You did not invent the term blue and then apply it to what we now know as blue. Someone observed that objects look different and coined different names to help describe these differences. It is a concept which we have developed as a direct result of observations.

Quote:A concept of God and God are 2 differnt things. I don't claim to know anything about God, however because of intuition, logic, reason and personal perspective I have a general concept of God that includes omnipotent and omniscient (purely from point-of-view and not belying consciousness). I think omnipresence is a derived attribute, persoanally.

Derived, from what?

I do not see the distinction you are making between God and the concept of God. We have not yet begun to discuss whether God actually exists because we don't even know what the concept of God is referring to. Whether you are defining God or the concept of God, both have to be observed, just like the color example you provided.
Live and love life

[Image: KnightBanner.png]
Liberty and justice for all

Messages In This Thread
Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View - by Knight - January 15, 2010 at 6:23 pm
RE: Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View - by Knight - January 16, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A contradiction in the liberal view of gender shadow 64 12279 September 18, 2017 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Devil's advocate for why ontology is meaningless and vacuous. Edwardo Piet 76 6857 September 12, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Cynical view of happiness. paulpablo 77 7827 July 10, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  My View on Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 29 7325 March 4, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question One thing that makes you doubt your own world view? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2746 July 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Something completely different