Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God
RE: Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God
fr0d0 the flood is one of many instances in which your god throws a hissy fit and takes his anger out on man. Our evil and sinful ways piss him off so much that he has to kill everyone and everything in site. On to your pathetic apologists explanation for Isaiah 45:7 and god being the creator of evil if you look at the last paragraph of that article it states exactly what I was saying. And it's completely relative to this discussion about Haiti.

"We can see that the Bible teaches that God is pure and does not approve of evil, that the word "rah" (evil) in Hebrew can mean many things, and that contextually, the verse is speaking calamity and distress. Therefore, God does not create evil in the moral sense, (but in the sense of disaster, of calamity.")

I was referring to the topic at hand regarding whether or not god had a hand in what occurred in Haiti. You said the following: "If plate tectonics didn't exist the planet wouldn't support life... is the argument both for God and Nature. They both just 'are'. It's egotistical to project human attributes to the phenomena, and fallacious to assume that God 'chose'. Assuming 'God': everything (as in nature) is him so 'deciding' is just nature enacting it's 'course'."

So according to you god and nature just are and since god is in everything including nature it's just nature enacting its course. The bible as stated many times states that god has those human attributes such as anger, deciding things, and as stated by your apologist friends article "creating evil...in the sense of disaster and calamity." I love the fact that you ignore that it is supposedly god stating that "I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (evil in the sense of disaster, of calamity). In your bible it's god giving himself human attributes and not the other way around as you stated earlier:"The bible applies Gods attributes to humans."
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God - by chatpilot - February 3, 2010 at 5:35 pm