Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God
RE: Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God
tackattack said:"Perhaps I'm just tired, but if you need deprogramming from any more of your fundamentalist stoic views I'd be happy to help."

Thank you,but no thank you. I have already completed my deprogramming of the whole bible in its entirety. As to the rest of your post it's nothing but a bunch of apologetic drivel which I have no respect for whatsoever. So called modern day reinterpretations of scriptures are nothing but the religionists attempts at making sense of the nonsense that is their belief in the bible and its tyrannical deity.

fr0d0 said: "You'll say the next minute that you don't give a toss anyway because you don't believe. People get killed - it's a fact of life. Life/ nature is a wonder to behold."

That first sentence is true about me fr0d0, and the second sentence is the most lucid thing I think I have seen you write in all the discussions in this entire forum. It's true people live and die all the time and of course it's a fact of life, but you don't need god anywhere in that statement. Sorry for getting off topic but I had to respond.

The Void said:"No people are innocent? What about infants? What have they done to sin?"

That is the entire message of the bible in a nutshell Void.
# Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
# Romans 5:12,14,15
Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
14.Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15.But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Thank god for his saving grace! What trash and nomadic garbage.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God - by chatpilot - February 4, 2010 at 8:31 am