Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God
RE: Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God
"Being a total cunt" requires proof of total cunt-ness. You don't believe the stories, and we, as believers tell you you're misunderstanding. So either you, who have no clue if it's right or wrong, are right; or we, who have worked it out and get it, are right. I know where I'd put my money... but then you have great difficulty understanding what isn't thrashed out for you in black and white yes?

Well I'm glad someone is interested in moving the debate on. Not Wink

What about taking no steps to stop something happening? Inaction could cause a lot of suffering. But then this isn't the issue here. We're really taking out of context what the biblical stories are saying and imposing ridiculous accusations of cruelty where none exist, apart from in your imaginations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dodging theodicy: 'On Faith' panel stumbles over Haiti and God - by fr0d0 - February 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm