Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to be a vegetarian? (And also, why to be one?)
RE: How to be a vegetarian? (And also, why to be one?)
(January 14, 2016 at 8:43 pm)Rhythm Wrote: No, they'd be dead.  We hunt the ones that stray from their pens for reasons unrelated to dinner.  Badass motherfuckers, pigs (much respect...lol)....and If it weren't for us I'd give them the best shot at survival in our absence....but we aren't absent.  In the absence of production pigs are a nuisance, much like wolves or mountain lions....and we see what's happened to them. A vegetarian world would not abide their existence any more than our omnivorous world already does...which is not at all.  They're a liability.

Good points all. I did mean without human interference, but that's not really feasible, as you said.

When I was a kid, we sometimes had as many as a couple of hundred pigs on the place at the same time, and you're right - the ones that went feral were killed out of hand.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to be a vegetarian? (And also, why to be one?) - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - January 14, 2016 at 8:51 pm