Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you interpret this?
RE: How do you interpret this?
I can't say I've ever come across the quote before, but looking at it now it seems to me to be on similar lines as this from Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead :

Quote:Guildenstern: "Hasn't it ever happened to you that all of a sudden and for no reason at all you haven't the faintest idea how to spell the word 'which'... or 'house'... because when you write it down you just can't remember ever having seen those letters in that order before?
[...]
All your life you live so close to truth, it becomes a permanent blur in the corner of your eye, and when something nudges it into outline it is like being ambushed by a grotesque."

Essentially, we tend to go about our lives wrapped in a kind of protective bubble wrap, cushioning us against the absurdity and horror that only occasionally seeps in from the reality of existence.

And I haven't even touched a drop yet.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Messages In This Thread
How do you interpret this? - by *Deidre* - February 28, 2016 at 1:35 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by robvalue - February 28, 2016 at 1:39 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by *Deidre* - February 28, 2016 at 1:44 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by robvalue - February 28, 2016 at 2:08 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by *Deidre* - February 28, 2016 at 2:21 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by downbeatplumb - February 28, 2016 at 1:44 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by ApeNotKillApe - February 28, 2016 at 1:56 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by abaris - February 28, 2016 at 2:00 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by Angrboda - February 28, 2016 at 2:08 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by *Deidre* - February 28, 2016 at 2:18 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by robvalue - February 28, 2016 at 2:10 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by bennyboy - February 28, 2016 at 7:16 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by *Deidre* - February 28, 2016 at 8:01 pm
RE: How do you interpret this? - by Cyberman - February 28, 2016 at 9:40 pm
How do you interpret this? - by LadyForCamus - February 28, 2016 at 9:49 pm
How do you interpret this? - by LadyForCamus - February 28, 2016 at 10:20 pm