Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!"
RE: "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!"
(April 23, 2016 at 12:47 pm)Losty Wrote:
(April 23, 2016 at 12:35 pm)pool the great Wrote: I want source that backs up your claim before I proceed to examine the rest of your post.

Just as your source is actually about mating and doesn't specifically relate to the topic, there aren't many options when it comes to peer reviewed articles relating to societal standards.

This is an interesting read
http://www.quebecoislibre.org/younkins26.html

Also, this would be nice if I could find the whole article
http://www.peerreviewedbymyneurons.com/2...ial-norms/

There is no science that backs up the belief that social norms are strictly the result of biology. There is also no science that backs up the idea that mating is the only or even the most important reason people adhere to social norms. Finally, there is no science that backs up the idea that biology is the only factor for humans which choosing a mate.

1. I didn't ask for a source to your claim that the standards you talked about were imposed by society, I asked for source that justifies your claim that the source I provided was basically pseudo science.

Quote:Just as your source is actually about mating and doesn't specifically relate to the topic,
You clearly didn't actually read it and digest it. Yes, the source I provided talks about mating, furthermore it provides analysis of how factors that contribute to mating are biological constraints imposed by evolution, not society.

Quote:there aren't many options when it comes to peer reviewed articles relating to societal standards.
Just goes to show how full of shit your idea is, doesn't it? It's fascinating because feminists that are trying to push these ideas down the throats of everyone actually believe their bullshit, in their perfect little bubble they really do sincerely believe they are right, even in the face of evidence.

Quote:There is no science that backs up the belief that social norms are strictly the result of biology.
I agree that there is no study that supports that idea. I'm arguing against your idea that the so called standards were imposed by society by providing actual evidence that shows how these standards are as a result of biological evolutionary purposes.

Quote:There is also no science that backs up the idea that mating is the only or even the most important reason people adhere to social norms. Finally, there is no science that backs up the idea that biology is the only factor for humans which choosing a mate.
Refer to my response above, oh and also,before I forget - *facepalm*

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!" - by ErGingerbreadMandude - April 23, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I believe in human rights Interaktive 10 1621 December 28, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Interaktive